Starting: As Soon As Possible. Must be able to work Summer 2021.
Hours: Available hours to work are 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday. 10-15 hours of work per week are required during the school semester. 20-40 hours of work per week are available during the holidays, winter and summer breaks.
Wage: Between $12-17/hr depending on skill set.
To Apply: See Below.
- Web development
- Feature and Bug Issue tracking
- Code version control and workflow
- Participating in code reviews
- MySQL Database interactions including writing SQL queries
- Debugging, enhancing, optimizing and refactoring pre-existing code
- User Interface and Layout Design
- Framework or template development
- Much, much, more…
- Understanding of Object Oriented programming
- PHP Experience
- Laravel Framework Knowledge Preferred
- GIT Experience Preferred
- HTML, CSS, DOM
- Be able to perform work on Linux OS
- Any other programming languages
- Web Frameworks and Toolkits, Rails, Zend, Django, Foundation, Bootstrap
- jQuery, AJAX, XML-RPC
- HTML5, SASS, JSON, XML
- Database interfacing, SQL, MySQL
- Apache, Linux
- SOA, OOA/D
- User Interfaces
- Agile Development, Test Driven Development, Event Driven Programming
- Web Graphics and Layout Design
- Print Editing or Advertising
- Any graphics editing tool like Gimp/PhotoShop
Currently, work will be performed remotely. You must have the ability to do so by providing your own computing equipment and internet connection in order to connect to the on-site work resources. You must have the ability to video conference. You must have a distraction free physical environment to perform your work.
If Rutgers offices re-open this summer, applicants who can work in our offices on Busch Campus will be preferred.
Applicants must be enrolled at Rutgers University during the upcoming Fall or Spring Semester. Preferential treatment will be given to individuals with one or more years left of education, but all grade levels are welcome to apply. Both Undergraduate and Graduate students welcome
How to Apply:
TO APPLY please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- A brief description of yourself.
- An answer to why you would like this particular position.
- When is your graduation month and year.
- If Rutgers offices reopen this summer, will you be able to come to work on Campus in Piscataway?
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: URL(s) currently accessible on the internet where web pages and applications developed and published by you can be found. This should be similar to an on-line portfolio and demonstrate your work.
- Attach your resume to the email.
If you have further questions about the position email email@example.com, or stop by CoRE 219 on Busch Campus. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT CORE 219.
Rutgers subscribes to the value of academic diversity and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Females, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Rutgers is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.