Starting: As Soon As Possible. Must be able to work Summer 2021.
Hours: Available hours to work are 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday. 12-20 hours of work per week are required during the school semester. 20-40 hours of work per week are available during the holidays, winter and summer breaks.
Wage: Between $15-20/hr depending on skill set.
To Apply: See Below.
SignStream is a Java Desktop Application used in American Sign Language Research for video annotation and analysis. Details of this tool may be found here.
- Must know Java
- Mac and Linux Development Environments
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Java Swing, JavaFX, Java XML DOM
- XML, CSV
- Video and Audio formats and tools (ffmpeg, for example)
- SOA, OOA/D
- Understanding of networking, networking protocols and architectures
- Play an important role in the ongoing design, development, testing, maintenance, and support of applications
- Applications are related to involving American Sign Language research
- Feature and Bug Issue Tracking
- Participating in Code Reviews and other Meetings
- Debugging, enhancing, optimizing and refactoring pre-existing code
- User Interface and Experience Design
- Much, much, more…
Currently, work will be performed remotely. You must have the ability to do so by providing your own computing equipment and internet connection in order to connect to the on-site work resources. You must have the ability to video conference. You must have a distraction free physical environment to perform your work.
If Rutgers offices re-open in the future, applicants who can work in our offices on Busch Campus will be preferred.
Applicants must be enrolled at Rutgers University during the Fall or Spring Semester. Preferential treatment will be given to individuals with one or more years left of education, but all grade levels are welcome to apply. Both Undergraduate and Graduate students welcome.
How to Apply:
TO APPLY please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- The positions and project(s) you want to be considered for.
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) description of yourself, including an answer to why you would like this particular position.
- When is your graduation month and year.
- If Rutgers offices reopen in the future, will you be able to come to work on Campus in Piscataway?
- Any references to work performed including URL(s) currently accessible on the internet where web pages and applications developed and published by you can be found. This should be similar to an on-line portfolio and demonstrate your work.
- Attach your resume to the email.
If you have further questions about the position email email@example.com. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT CORE 219.
Rutgers subscribes to the value of academic diversity and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Females, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Rutgers is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.