Printing from iPhone/iPod Touch 3rd Generation and up/iPad
by Hanz Makmur – Dec 1, 2010
Due to issues with accountibility, this feature is no longer supported until iOS device can print with proper credential. Currently it prints as ‘guest’.
If you have a personal printer connected to your own computer, you can enable Airprint capability on that printer by running a special software. There are free solution and paid solution. For free solution, on a MacOS, download AirPrint Activator, and on Windows OS, download AirPrint Installer. Please note that anyone will be able to print to your printer from any iOS devices once this feature is turned on without password protection.These instructions will show you how to print via LAWN from your iPhone, iPod Touch 3rd Generation and up or iPad with iOS 4.2 or better to Computer Science printers. To find out what version your device is running, in your Settings, select General, then About. To print from iOS devices, you need to look for the arrow icon on your mobile App as shown in the picture on the right.
- Touch on the arrow icon to open a menu with Print option.
- Touch on the Print menu to to open the Printer Options menu.
- Touch on Select Printer > menu to select your printer.
- Select the printer you want to print to from a list of available printers.
- Touch on the Print button to print.Note:
- To identify your iPod, see Identifying iPod Model.
- Please make sure that you print to a printer you have access to and do not abuse the printer.
- To see the status of your print job, seehttp://printserver.cs.rutgers.edu/jobs