1. If you have issues with any CS computing resources
- Can’t login? Set or Reset your CS password or Activate account at https://services.cs.rutgers.edu/accounts
- Check Status of iLab Machines if you can’t access specific machine.
- Check CS Networking and Resource Status if you are having uptime issue.
- Visit iLab Assistant on duty at Hilll 252 (the CAVE) for programming or other questions.
- Visit LCSR Operator at CoRE 235 for account/printing/network etc issues.
- Visit LCSR technical support Staff CoRE second floor for any technical questions you have
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to a create a support ticket if you prefer email. We will try to get back to you within 2 business days.
2. If you have issues with Non CS computing resources
- University Computing HelpDesk? Hill Center 013.
- Don’t like your email address, NetID/Password issues? go to NetID.rutgers.edu
LCSR has deployed OTRS (Open-source Ticket Request System) for tracking system problems, bugs, and help requests.
We are using email to submit problem reports to OTRS. A ticket will be generated and the ticket number will be sent back to the user in an email message. Additional messages from the system may appear when the state of the ticket changes.
How do I report a problem?
How do I check the status of my trouble ticket?
You can check the status of your request with this interface. Use your Rutgers username/password to login to the site.
What do the messages look like?
This can be seen in the following example session.
What happens when I submit a problem?
You should get a new ticket message from the system with the ticket number. This can be seen in the following example session.
Why didn’t I get a response?
The incoming messages are passed through a spam filter. If the filter marks the message as spam, the message will be dropped before it is delivered to the system. This is an attempt to prevent spam from creating extraneous tickets. If you don’t get a response, try resending the message or call Operations.
What is the response time?
Most people get a respond in less than a day and within hours. We will try to respond to you mostly within 24-48 business hours.If you don’t get any respond then, please call the operator as something else could be wrong.
Last update: 8/14/2017