Last modified: Jan 4, 2019
- During Winter Break 2019, until the start of Spring 2019 semester, Grad machines will be inaccessible at times due to software upgrade.
- If you have issue connecting to CS machines, make sure to check if your IP is blocked and how to get around the block.
- Please be aware that CS Linux machines have enforced limitation to prevent abuse and runaway processes.
- Dropbox No longer works due to new requirement of glibc 2.19 or higher and ext4 file system as of Oct 15 2018. Use Scarletmail Google Drive. You have unlimited space there instead of 2GB from Dropbox.
- See Grad Machine Status to find the best machines to use.
- If you are using python, please follow Using Python on CS Linux machines instruction or many modules wont load properly.
- If you are doing big data with Hadoop, Please see CS Hadoop Cluster information page
- Announcing a new 100GB disk space available for every user and can be accessed at /common/users/your_netid. See Storage and Technology Options for more info. (July 30, 2018)
- For those users who use emacs on x2go, please use: emacs-23.1 to avoid compatibility issue.
- All Grad machines have been updated to the most recent security update (Jan 15, 2018).
- There are reports that some people have Keyring issue. Try to use your NetID password to unlock it. If you continue to have problem, follow this QuickFix to Gnome Keyring Password instruction.
- If you are new to CS Resources, see Beginners info
Trouble logging in?
- Have you Created or activated your account?
- Have you Set your CS Password and use it to login?
- Check Current Status of CS Resources in case we have bigger issues.
Machine and Lab Information
- All Graduate students have physical and remote access to all iLab Machines located in Hill 248, Hill 252 and Hill 254, and can remotely access all Graduate machines located in Graduate student offices.
- Complete lists of all Graduate machines accessible remotely for all Graduate students.
- Live Status of Grad Machines and iLab Machines in Hill 248, Hill 252 and Hill 254,
- Machines equipped with GPU are located in Hill 254,Hill 248 and all HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR, HP ProDesk 600 G2 models in the graduate machine cluster.
Using Graduate Machines
To use CS Grad Machines, we recommend:
- Access via Remote Graphical Display, using X2Go client. See instructions on how to do this.
- Use Remote Graphical Display using Microsoft Remote Desktop client. (Starting Fall 2018)
- An SSH client for a remote command line interface like Putty, Secure Shell aka WinSSH .
- A local X-Server (such as Xming or Cygwin on Windows or XQuarts on MacOSX ) and remotely X-Tunnel graphical applications using an SSH client
- Log in directly to a machine located in your offices. (For TA/GA/Fellow/Instructors)
- If you have issue with specific machine, please check Status of iLab machines.
Info on Students
- see list of Graduate Students and their Home pages. You can setup your own university homepages or department homepage.
1. If you have issues with any CS computing resources
- Can’t login? Set or Reset your CS password or Activate account at https://services.cs.rutgers.edu/accounts
- Check Status of iLab Machines if you can’t access specific machine.
- Check CS Networking and Resource Status if you are having uptime issue.
- Visit iLab Assistant on duty at Hilll 252 (the CAVE) for programming or other questions.
- Visit LCSR Operator at CoRE 235 for account/printing/network etc issues.
- Visit LCSR technical support Staff CoRE second floor for any technical questions you have
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to a create a support ticket if you prefer email. We will try to get back to you within 2 business days.
2. If you have issues with Non CS computing resources